For troubleshooting the issue of HP Envy 5540 printer not printing can be due to various reasons. May your printer have issues with the ink cartridges or may be due to changes in the settings or expired version of printer software or printer drivers. Let’s discuss a few of solutions that might help you remove the HP Envy 5540 printer offline issue.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of printer driver and printer software.
- Check if the appropriate papers are being used for the printing purposes or not?
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly placed and are not empty.
- Make sure to check for the smears of the ink on a recently printed document.
- You can also reset the printer environment or the printer settings.
- Connecting the printer with the proper, stable and strong wireless network is also important.
HP Envy 5540 Offline Error
A connection failure between a printer and the wireless router may lead to this error. Steps that can be followed for eliminating this error have been mentioned below:
- You can download the HP Print & Scan doctor, a utility tool that can be used for fixing the offline issue.
- You also have an option to reset both your router as well as your printer to remove the problem.
- Opting for the solution of making your printer as the default one is also something worth trying.
- Connecting your printer to a stable, strong and proper wireless or wired internet connected network is also required.
- Update the printer software and the printer driver to the latest version available.
HP Envy 5540 Printing Black Pages
The reasons for the arise of this problem can be the usage of non-HP printer papers for printing, not using the original or good quality ink cartridges, paper jamming in the printer, etc. It can be resolved using the following steps:
- You can refer to the manual, that you have received along with your printer to know the types of paper that your printer supports.
- Keep on checking the ink cartridges for being full and are they placed properly or not.
- Make sure to not use the non-HP or the refilled ink cartridges, as they might lead you to hardware problems, issues or even failure.
- If there is any paper jamming, then please remove the paper stack and reload it once again.
- The cleaning of the paper stack is also needed on regular intervals.
Also Read :