Fix HP Officejet 8610 Offline
If your HP printer’s status is showing printer offline error it means that your printer is going through a problem while communicating with your computer system. We have covered the most common and effective methods to fix the HP Officejet 8610 offline problem.
Methods to Resolve HP Officejet 8610 Printer Offline Error
Check Printer Connection
The very first thing to do is to check all the wired as well as wireless connections that your printer has including its connectivity with the Wi-Fi network. If you are facing printer offline problem due to any connection issues, it can be resolved using this method.
Scan Doctor Tool
It is a super popular tool that is extremely helpful for HP users to troubleshoot and fix the printer offline error in HP Officejet 8610. The same tool can be used for any other technical errors as well. You can download it from the official website of HP, in case if you don’t have it already. The tool can be used for automatically scanning the printer offline issue and thus can get rid of the problem in your HP printer.
- Right click on the menu.
- Search for the printer software.
- Once found, right click on it and select the remove/ uninstall option.
- Now, go to the HP’s official website and download the software again.
- Double click the icon and start the reinstallation process.
- Keep on following the instructions shown on your screen.
Picking Default Printer
The problem can also arise due to the change in default printer driver to another driver with a different name. This hance can not only create confusion but can also put your printer machine offline status. Perform the following steps:
- Shutting down your printer and then turning it on again is one thing to try. Make sure it is ready to print.
- Check and select your default printer icon.
- By right clicking on the grey colored icon that does not comes with a green colored checkmark.
- Select your HP printer and this can help in fixing the problem.
Updating Windows 10
Sometimes, updating your Windows 10 operating system or updating your OS to Windows 10 can also trigger this problem in your HP printer. If this is your case, try and use bug fixes from Microsoft to the printer offline problem.
Setting Printer Online Manually
- Go to the start button at the bottom left on your computer screen and click on it.
- Now, go to the control panel and hit the devices and printers option.
- Right click on the printer in question and select the “see what’s printing” option.
- After a pop-up window appears on the screen, hit the printer option given on the menu bar.
- Click on “choose printer online” option from a drop down menu present on your screen.
Cancel Print List
- Follow the starting three steps of the above mentioned method.
- After reaching to the “see what’s printing”, click on the cancel button.
Make sure to click on the “use printer online” option once you finished removing the print documents.
Also Read :