The Canon Pixma All-in-One Printer is a wireless-capable printer that can perform multiple functions such as scan, copy, and print. Wireless Setup is used to connect the printer and computer over a Wireless Network. You can print your documents from anywhere by establishing a wireless network between the printer and peripherals. To print any document, select the file in your device that you want to print and print it within a few minutes. Use the compatible ink cartridges to get the good quality prints.
There are two techniques known as Standard Connection and WPS technique to connect the Canon Printer and the device via a wireless connection.
Setting up the Canon Pixma Printer
Verify the preferences before setting up the Canon Pixma Printer over Wi-Fi.
- A computing device such as Smartphone, Mac, PC, or Tablet.
- A properly functioning Access Point (router).
Connecting Canon Pixma Printer to Wi-Fi using WPS
It is a common technique for both Mac and Windows operating systems. Ensure to check the wireless connection settings of the computer and enable the WEP security for the Canon Pixma Printer setup.
- Turn on your Canon Pixma Printer.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the Canon Printer until the Power lamp lights up.
When the power lamp lights up, press the WPS button within two minutes.
- A blue Wi-Fi lamp starts to blink when the Canon Pixma Printer starts to search nearby available networks.
Both the Wi-Fi and Power lamps remain illuminated after establishing a connection between the printer and the wireless network.
- Try to print your documents to confirm the wireless connection.
- Load the plain sheets of paper in the input tray.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the Power light flashes.
- Within a few minutes after pressing the Wi-Fi button, printer prints a network information page.
Connecting Canon Pixma Printer to Wi-Fi using Standard Connection
Use the Standard Connection technique if the WPS feature is not available on your router. Carry out the following guidelines before performing the Standard Connection technique.
Wireless Network Settings
- First, connect the printer to the computer for the wireless network settings. Switch on your Canon Pixma Printer and load the plain sheets of paper in the input tray.
- Press and hold the Cancel or Resume button for a few seconds to print the Network information page.
- Check the connection status in the printed Network information page. Make sure to check if the connection is Active or Inactive.
- Also, ensure to verify the Network Name.
- Before establishing the connection between the printer and computer, make sure to install the compatible drivers on your computer to Setup Canon Pixma Printer.
Prepare for the connection
- Ensure to turn on your printer and connect it to a power supply for the Canon Pixma Printer Setup. Use Ethernet Cable to connect the computer and printer if connecting via a router.
- Check the installed drivers on your computer, if the drivers are missing, install them properly, and then proceed further.
- Make sure to connect your Canon Pixma Printer to the stable internet. If you are using a router, then connect the printer and computer to the router.
Installing on Windows
- Press the Start button on your Keyboard and click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Click on the Add a printer option to add your Canon Pixma Printer to the list.
- Select your printer from the displayed list after searching.
- Make sure to connect the computer to the same network as your printer. Now your Canon Pixma Printer is ready to print from your Windows computer.
Installing on Mac
- Open the System preferences and go to the Printer and scanners section.
- Click on the ‘+’ symbol to add your Canon Pixma Printer.
- Select your printer from the list of available printers and add it to your Mac computer.
- In case if you’re using a router, ensure to connect your Canon Pixma Printer and Mac Computer to the same network.
- Print a test page of your document to ensure the proper connection.